The SOCIETY acknowledges the impact that COVID-19 has had on people worldwide. The below action plan has been implemented by New York’s State and Local governments to combat the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on our community.
The objective of this information is to help you understand our onsite safety protocols for Fashion Week, and to also prepare you for what to expect onsite at the event. This health and Safety plan is designed to provide a prudent, safe and responsible working environment for all individuals involved within our events in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations and guidelines to combat COVID-19.
The SOCIETY will follow all CDC, New York State and New York City guidelines regarding Fashion Week.
THE SOCIETY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR THE FASHION COMMUNITY. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE COMMITTED TO HELPING US MAINTAIN THAT SAFE ENVIRONMENT, BY DOING YOUR PART. IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, WE ASK THAT YOU STAY HOME. IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
In line with New York City and State, The SOCIETY will require proof of full-course COVID-19 vaccination, for all individuals entering the venue. The health and safety of our partners, staff, guests, and fashion community is of the utmost importance.
We will be closely following updates and recommendations from New York State and the CDC, with further guidance to come. In the interim, details of this policy are outlined below:
- All individuals entering the central venue will be required to show proof of full-course COVID-19 vaccination, consistent with state and federal law.
- Strict compliance will be enforced with admittance denied for non-compliance, subject to state and federal law.
- Please note that all international vaccination programs are currently recognized as acceptable for the purpose of entry.
- Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all employees, contractors and any other staff, as well as all invited guests, are aware of and comply with this policy.
Those 12 and older must present proof of two vaccine doses, except for those who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Children ages 5–11 must show proof of one vaccination dose to enter those venues. Beginning January 28, they must show proof of two vaccinations.
Children under 5 who have not had the vaccine are required to wear a mask and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. They are not required to be vaccinated for indoor dining, fitness or entertainment at this time.
Eligible proof of vaccination includes the NYC COVID Safe App, the New York State Excelsior App, a photo or hard copy of a CDC vaccination card, official vaccine record, or a photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, Sinovac or Covaxin.
- In accordance with CDC, state and local guidance, The SOCIETY requires all individuals to wear adequate face coverings indoors at all times, except in designated eating and drinking areas.
- As directed by designer teams, models may remove their masks when in hair and makeup or when walking the runway.
- The SOCIETY will provide masks to any person in need of an adequate face covering onsite; masks will be available at points of venue entry while quantities last.
- Teams should only be on-site during designated times per schedules.
- Teams are asked to wear maks and keep face coverings properly fitted at all times.
- Teams should be limited to essential staff only. Any staff that can work off site should do so.
- Teams will maintain social distancing, as able.
- Teams should sanitize their hands frequently using appropriate hand washing and hand sanitizers.
IF YOU FEEL SICK BEFORE ARRIVAL
- STAY HOME!
- Write down your symptoms and how long you have been experiencing each symptom.
- Contact your health provider.
- Contact your supervisor and inform them. Supervisor will report this to the Health and Safety Officer. Reminder, stay home!
IF YOU FEEL SICK DURING THE EVENT
- IMMEDIATELY contact your supervisor.
- Contact the Health and Safety Officer.
- Stay away from everyone else.
We look forward to seeing you and celebrating together this September.
EVENT PLANS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS AND THE SOCIETY’S DISCRETION.