LOS ANGELES FASHION WEEK SS 2019 RECAP
The Top 10 Moments from LAFW! Everything from studded gas masks to whips!
- Michael Lombard set LAFW on Fire with his collection of stone and studded gas masks mixed with elaborate head pieces! His collection of leathers with pops of golds and reds were a great contrast effect. The huge embellished google like glasses accessorized several of the looks making a bad ass statement!
- Feathers, feathers, and more feathers! That’s what loved from designers Tanya Jenkins of the line Nea Eshe! The opening model came out with electric blue lips, bold red feathers, and confident that could kill! This set the tone for the rest of the collection!
- Emerging designer Style House, was anythign but emerging on the LAFW runway! The sleek, all black trend accented with chain details and Sculpted HANDS, set the creativity bar high! The closing model took it up a notch wearing Sculpted HANDS as a top with a sleek, long black skirt.
- Any Brown Sugar movie lover fans? Designer JUS10H based his LAFW collection off of his favorite movie. The neutral colors with pops of vintage color all tributed back to Brown Sugar. Models accessorized with large accent jewelry and refined hair styles made a sophisticated approach down the runway. JUS10H has developed a following for his themed runway shows! We can’t wait to see what he does next!
- “I Only Date Models” Jean jacket was a huge trend and runway favorite form Beauty in the Box! Traditional models mixed with fitness models, walked the runway in sexy lingerie and sequin details.
- If you don’t follow the brand Alani Taylor, you’re missing out! She started her collection with a performance by 5 of her male models and vintage microphones. All models were drenched in luxury fabrics and details. The multi bow tie look was a favorite! The quality and detailing of fabric pairing is like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Be on the look out for much more of Alani Taylor.
- From Rope, butt less chaps, and whips, Deviant La Vie left you wanting more! Each detailed piece was strong, powerful, and commanding. Dainty crystal details paired with the strong leathers and ropes gave a feminine feel while keeping everything exciting as well. Deviant La Vie was defiantly a show stopper and brought the house down! We can’t wait to see what designer Brittney Duet does next!
- LAFW had a lot of “Very Gathercole” moments from celebrity designer himself, Rocky Gathercole! From fitted embellished catsuits, to metal-like angel wings, Gathercole left no stone unturned. If was a statement of event-grade all the way!
- Jacob Meir, of For The Stars Fashion House, took his collection to the next level by showcasing intriquite detailing and attention to his jackets and play suits. Each crystal and stone was maticulously placed creating a beautiful glow under the bright lights. Celebrities and public figures such as Mel B, Blac Chyna, and Gary Madatyan were all runway side to witness such a collection.
- Celebrity designer, Ellie Madi, of Yas Couture, closed out LAFW! The stunning metallic flowed beautifully down the the runway, creating a vision of dreaminess mixed with empowerment. Ellie Madi’s creatiions can be seen on such celebrities as Ashanti, Jlo, and Katy Perry. We can’t wait to see what he creates next!